Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 2: Setting Up This Blog

So it might seem redundant to blog about the blog I’m already blogging on, but that is what I did yesterday and today. After I found this site (Blogger), I used all the easy tools and templates they have for generic, first-time users. That’s what most everyone who read this yesterday saw.

Well, now it’s all cool and fancy (I had a template of a crinkled up piece of paper as the back drop to represent what all the publishing houses I’ve submitted to have done with my story, but found this book one so I'm going with it now instead).  I’ll stick with this look until I get my artwork from the artist I've hired, and then I’ll see if I can’t figure out how to get a custom template on here to match my website and all that other marketing cross-pollination stuff that I’m going to do.

That said, check out my follow feeds on the right side “sidebar” (thanks to Jenna and my wife pointing out it was not easy to follow this blog), and my link to my Facebook page, which even includes pictures of people. That’s very cool, and in theory will help with the “spreading the word” down the road assuming lots of people “share” with friends etc. (Tip for setting up Facebook page feeds on Blogger: use the XFBML not the Iframe code.)

OH, and speaking of codes and incomprehensible computer programming crap, I would really like to thank the douchebag that wrote a virus to spam browser windows opening at the pace of about 30 windows a second that attacked me last night.

Just because you have never seen a naked woman and never will is no reason to write code that jacks up the computers of perfect strangers.

So, last night, as I am searching Google for “help with Blogger Layout,” I get a first-page entry on Google for that term (or something really close), that was a total virus, window-spamming bomb. It was like my computer screen was puking rectangles at me.

After a brief spasm and minor panic episode, I managed to get everything shut down, but it cost me all the help windows and step-by-step things I had found over the course of three hours, none of which I could find again.

So, I would just like to say: F. U. to the douchebag that wrote that virus.

Other than that, and some help from Cagsil and Irohner over at HubPaages, I got it figured out. So, now it’s done, and I’m happy.

That’s all I’ve got for today, so I’m out.

(Oh, and don’t worry, I’m not going to write in this thing every day. I’m not that annoying.)

No comments:

Post a Comment